Firstly, having too much face fat can be annoying. No one wants to have chubby cheeks. But don’t worry. This guide on how to lose face fat will show you how to get rid of chubby cheeks forever.
I’ve had chubby cheeks before. It can be infuriating. Was it because of the foods I was eating? Or because of my lifestyle?
Honestly, I didn’t really know why it accumulated.
Until I found out that getting rid of face fat. Is actually very straight forward.
My goal for you is that you never have to worry about face fat again. So that you can look and feel your best.
Although if you want to listen to what was said in this article. Listen to my podcast episode linked below.
Having Too Much Face Fat Is A Problem That Is Easily Solved
The problem accumulates because your body fat percentage is too high. So this article will focus on helping you reduce your body fat levels.
This will not only result in saying bye to those chubby cheeks. It’ll also provide you with the know-how to get to and stay at a healthy body fat percentage. Although this has many benefits in and of itself.
Why Your Body Fat Percentage Can Tell You A Lot About How Much Face Fat You Have
Losing (adipose tissue) fat from your face is no different from losing fat from your belly, chest, arms or legs.
You only lose face fat when you’re eating fewer calories than you burn. This means putting yourself in a calorie deficit.
Furthermore, any diet that puts you in a calorie deficit is a diet that will result in losing face fat.
When you put on fat. That fat is stored in different places on your body. Your genetics determine where fat is stored. Your genetics will be different from mine.
So I may store more fat in my face than you do. But you may store more fat in your legs than I do. We’re all different in this sense.
But generally speaking, men’s face fat can start to accumulate when you get to, and beyond 20% body fat.
And for females its around, and beyond the 30% mark. The more fat you gain. The more fat you’ll store in your face.
And the more fat that you lose, the less fat you’ll store in your face and body as a whole.
Water Retention Can Make Your Face Look Fatter Than It Really Is
If you find yourself looking a bit fatter in the face than you were the previous day. Not to worry.
Just like you didn’t lose lots of fat in a single day. You won’t put on lots of fat in a single day.
The reason for your face looking fatter is due to water retention. Which normally goes away within 1-2 days.
Here are some of the reasons why you store water:
- Increased cortisol levels. Due to increased stress in your life. This could be because of having a poor nights sleep, the stress of dieting, or any personal problems.
- Hormonal changes like the menstrual cycle.
- Increased sodium/salt intake.
- Increased carb intake.
Note: Water retention is perfectly normal.
The solution to excessive water retention is to make sure you’re not having too much sodium. You should also aim to get 8 hours of sleep. Take time to relax, and avoid binging on junk food.
The national academy of medicine’s sodium recommendation is to consume between 1500-2300 milligrams. This is a daily recommendation.
This Is The Best Bang For Buck Decision, You Can Make, To Reduce Face Fat (It’s Not Facial Exercises)
Unlike your chest, shoulders, back and legs. Your facial muscles are very difficult to train. They’re also very small. So its almost impossible to strengthen them.
Your jaw and its muscles are developed as soon as you stop growing. And if you ate reasonably well growing up, you would of chewed plenty of solid food.
Your jaw is probably as strong as it needs to be.
In reality, to get rid of chubby cheeks, losing fat is where you should be focusing your attention on.
How Do You Make Your Face Look Less Round?
If you’re talking about your facial bone structure. You can’t change that. It simply is what it is. But if you have a significant amount of fat on your face to lose.
Lowering your body fat percentage can reduce the amount of fat on your face. Giving you a leaner looking face.
If you naturally have a round facial structure. You should be happy. Many people find a round facial structure attractive.
Getting The Right Haircut Can Make Your Face Look More Narrow
To find the balance for a round-shaped face it makes sense trying to build up the height. Going for something like a skin fade haircut with a quiff or pomp can help.
Can Facial Hair Help?
Facial hair can help give you a more chiselled effect on your jawline. And also hide some of that face fat.
Can You Lose Fat Just Off Your Face?
You can’t spot-reduce fat. It simply comes off everywhere. And if someone tells you that you can target fat loss on specific parts of your body. They’re lying. It’s impossible to spot reduce fat.
How To Lose Face Fat (And Fat In General) In 5 Simple Steps
1. Make Sure You’re In A 20-30% Calorie Deficit
For example, I weigh 174 pounds. So I would multiply 174 by 12. This equals 2088 calories. From my experience, I lose fat effortlessly eating this amount of calories.
You don’t have to perfectly hit your calorie target. A range of plus or minus 50 calories is the most sustainable from my experience.
If you’re very active you can multiply your bodyweight by 13. Although if you’re moderately active use 12. If you’re sedentary multiply your bodyweight by 11.
If you set your calories up either using the guides. Or the quick and easy method. You should lose between 0.5%-1% of your body weight every week.
2. Eat 1 Gram Of Protein Per Pound Of Your Bodyweight
Because my body weight is 174 pounds I would simply eat 174 grams of protein every day. Give or take 5 grams.
If you’d like to know the reasoning behind this. Read my article on how much protein you should eat.
3. Lift Weights At Least 3x Per Week
Try your best to strength train at least 3 times per week. This will ensure that you lose fat and not muscle when you’re in a calorie deficit.
Most importantly. you want to be prioritising compound exercises.
Such as the:
- Overhead press.
- Bench press.
4. Eat Lots Of Nutritious Foods
Because you’re in a calorie deficit it’s important that you eat foods that are low in calories, but high in volume. To stay full.
Eat foods like these:
- Low-fat Dairy like fat-free Greek yoghurt, cottage cheese and skyr.
- Lean meats like lean cuts of steak and lean steak mince.
- Lastly, Nuts & other healthy fat sources.
5. Drink Enough Water
By drinking enough water it sends signals to your stomach saying that you’re full. And by staying full you’re less likely to binge on your favourite junk food and go over your calories.
How Long Will It Take To Get That Lean Looking Jawline?
If you apply what I’ve told you in the previous steps. And stay patient with it. You’ll eventually lose all the unwanted face fat that you have.
Here Are Some Guidelines For How Long It Will Take To Lose That Face Fat
For men you’d need to get to 10-12% body fat to get a lean looking jawline:
- 30% or more body fat percentage – obese to morbidly obese – double chin, and overly hanging gut – 8 months to 1 year.
- 25% body fat percentage – overweight to obese – clearly visible face fat and gut – 6-8 months.
- 20% body fat – overweight – the gut is visible and cheeks are not too chubby but still a few months away from a lean looking jawline – 3-5 months.
For women you’d generally need to get to 20-22% body fat to get a lean looking jawline.
- 40% or more body fat percentage – obese to morbidly obese – double chin, and overly hanging gut – 8 months to 1 year
- 35% body fat percentage – overweight to obese – clearly visible face fat and gut – 6-8 months.
- 30% body fat – overweight – the gut is visible and cheeks are not too chubby but still a few months away from a lean looking jawline – 3-5 months.
Although these are rough estimates. And they assume a weekly average weight loss of between 1-2 pounds. This rate of weight loss is sustainable for almost everyone.
The Bottom Line On How To Lose Face Fat
- Anyone can lose face fat. And get rid of those chubby cheeks if they follow the steps in this article.
- The best way to lose face fat. That is completely in your power. Is to reduce your body fat levels. By doing this you’ll lose fat from your whole body. Including those chubby cheeks.
- If your face looks a bit fatter than it did yesterday. Then there’s a high chance that you could be retaining water. This is normal and will subside in a couple of days.
- You can’t specifically target face fat. Spot reduction is a myth. You can only lose fat from everywhere. And that’s by putting yourself in a calorie deficit.
I hope this article has covered everything that you need to know to lose face fat forever.
If I’ve missed something or if there’s anything else you’d like to know. Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org I reply to every email.
What’s currently stopping you from getting the body of your dreams?
Let me know either by email or in the comments below.
If you want a more in depth fat loss guide.
Then you want to click the link below.
Thanks for reading.